Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 1

I have often been told I have opinions and that I should, rather than rant at the odd poor client or salesperson, do something more and write them down. Well now thanks to some prompting by my buddy Dan Ortega (VP Marcoms at Astoria Software) I'm plunging into the wild world of online blogging. It's kinda ironic that I have chosen Google's blogging service, given that I am at some point bound to fling dirt at them, however I've always been happy being my own biggest hypocrit so might as well start how I mean to continue.

So let's see just where this goes. Even money says this dies a fast death as work, wife and kids eat my time. Low odds that this might just allow me a venue to spout off about media issues and my thoughts and views and a huge longshot that anyone ever reads it apart from me.

Hell, I guess as a media CEO I can always make it a point of order for my team to read anything I write up here so at least I get some traffic and continue to inflate my already monsterous ego....!!!

Let the fun begin

Dick

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the zone. You'll find this can be a really useful tool, or a complete waste of time, depending on how you approach it. From my experience you don't have to spend a lot of time blogging, but you do have to do it regularly. You should also sign up for Google Alerts for whatever topics are of interest, most of the alerts will be blog postings, so it will point you towards people that have the same interests as you.